Hey, DIY’ers, we can save you time! What real estate info do you want/need? We will get the answers and send it to you STAT!
Sign up for our market reports:
We promise not to flood your inbox.
Why Use a Local REALTOR®?
Your local REALTOR®has the local knowledge you simply need to know!
Buying or selling a home is a complex and often very emotional process being one of the biggest major business transactions most of us ever make. It requires tremendous knowledge and experience and a clear understanding of the legal issues and potential pitfalls.
That’s why it helps to use the services of a real estate professional who is a member of a real estate board. A REALTOR® has the training, knowledge and experience to help you every step of the way from the moment you think about buying or selling, to the time when the business transaction has been finalized.
Why use a local REALTOR®?
Other than the physical features of a property, there are many other important factors that Buyers and Sellers should be informed of. Some of these factors could be specific to your geographical area of interest such as:
- Local market conditions
- Comparable MLS® Sales data
- Niagara Escarpment Commission
- Nottawasaga Valley Conservation Authority
- Grey Sauble Conservation Authority
- Waterfront/Shoreline & Restrictions
- Hi-water mark … where is the property boundary?
- Deeded access and road allowances
- Cottage associations
- Local Native rights
- Farming and apple production operations in Blue Mountain and Clearview
- Approved and potential developments
- Official Plans of the local municipalities and counties
- Development charges
- Designated historical buildings
- Bruce Trail
- Snowmobile Trails
- Landfill sites
- Wind power and power corridors
- Water Supply
- Municipal vs. private or shared wells
- drilled/dug/shore wells or cisterns
- Jet vs. submersible well pumps
- Well and water quality reports
- Septic systems and Use permits … what properties should have them?
- Access permits
- Oil vs. propane
- What are the new regulations governing oil heating systems?
- What is a W.E.T.T. inspection?
Your REALTOR® can help you determine if you need to be concerned with any of the above and assist you in obtaining the necessary information. In addition, your local REALTOR®:
- has access to full local MLS® data
- is a professionally trained REALTOR® who may be able to sell your home quicker at a better price than you could get privately because of access to potential clients
- knows what’s happening politically and environmentally in our area
- is aware of approved and potential developments (the last thing most homeowners want is the development of a mall or a high-rise office building across the road from their home)
- knows the neighbourhoods and communities that best match your criteria (some are more desirable than others; some are geared more to young families, older adults, singles or a diverse mix of residents)
- is aware of drawbacks such as highway noise, train tracks and airports
- knows the availability of shopping, public transit, recreational and religious facilities
- is aware of what kinds of schools and services are available; whether kids will be bused to their school or if the school is close by, whether they’ll have to cross major intersections
A local REALTOR® is your invaluable resource who lives, works and plays in the area – therefore knows the area. They take Continuing Education to keep up-to-date on important issues that may affect your most important decision in a lifetime!
Blue Mountains Office
Royal LePage Trinity Realty, Brokerage - Each office independently owned and operated