2019 Year-End Real Estate Market Snapshot
REAL ESTATE MARKET SNAPSHOT – 2019 IN REVIEW
Our focus for this article will be on the 3 key trading areas and types of homes with which we have the most expertise – re-sales of residential condominiums and detached homes in Blue Mountains, Collingwood and the areas of Clearview nearest to Collingwood. Of note is that while all average prices have risen, it was Collingwood condos and Clearview single-family homes that made the biggest leaps. There were 1917 new listings of which 1137 sold – a 69% sold to list ratio (compared to 73% in 2018). Buyers will want to note that the greatest amount of listing choices was during the months of March through October, and Sellers will want to note that the greatest number of sales took place in the months of April through October. The year averaged 5.8 months of inventory (vs 3.8 months during 2018). Most sales took place in the $250,000 to $750,000 price range, but the number of homes selling for over $1,000,000 jumped to 128 (vs 89 in 2018), 15 sold over $2,000,000, and 3 sold $3M to $5M+.
HIGHS, LOWS & SPECIFICS
• The high sale was a 16-year-old waterfront home at Princeton Shores with 105 feet of frontage at $2,550,000.
• The low sale was a building lot near Blue Mountain Chrysler for $110,000.
• There were 232 condo sales compared to 224 in 2018, average Days on Market (DOM) was 43 vs 41 in 2018, avg sale to list price ratio was 98.2% (98.6%), avg sale price was $478,454 ($408,663) which reflects a 17% increase over 2018.
• There were 380 single-family home sales compared to 276 in 2018, avg DOM was 43 vs 48 in 2018, avg sale to list price ratio was 98.2% (98.2%), avg sale price was $577,507 ($551,669) which reflects a 4.7% increase over 2018.
• The high sale was a large custom waterfront home on Brophy’s Lane with 163 feet of beach at $5,220,000.
• The low sales were all income units in the condo-hotels in The Village at Blue Mountain, 18 sold in 2019 between $132,000 – $200,000.
• There were 148 condo sales compared to 158 in 2018, avg DOM was 69 vs 86 in 2018, avg sale to list price ratio was 97.5% (98%), avg sale price was $408,986 ($386,877) which reflects a 5.7% increase over 2018.
• There were 206 single-family home sales compared to 189 in 2018, avg DOM was 61 vs 90 in 2018, avg sale to list price ratio was 97% (97.2%), avg sale price was $930,639 ($911,358) which reflects a 2.1% increase over 2018.
CLEARVIEW (Nottawa and Nottawasaga Districts)
• The high sale was a 37-acre estate home with distant Bay views between Nottawa & Duntroon, south of Osler, for $2,100,000.
• The low sale was a building lot fronting on County Rd. 124 in the hamlet of Nottawa for $123,000.
• There were 161 single-family home sales compared to 44 in 2018, avg DOM was 70 vs 93 in 2018, avg sale to list price ratio was 97.4% (98.1%), avg sale price was $623,344 ($547,417) which reflects a 13.9% increase over 2018.
Blue Mountains Office
Royal LePage Trinity Realty, Brokerage - Each office independently owned and operated